- Dice the onion and garlic.
- Soak the limes for 15 minutes while chopping the beef.Mix the leek chives, fenugreek leaves and parsley and mince them.
- Measure 5 cups of water into a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add two tbsp of frying oil to a pot and then the onions and garlic. Saute them until golden brown.
- Add the chopped beef and stir slowly.
- Once the meet is brown, carefully pour the boiling water over the mixture.
- Put a lid over the pot and simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- In another pot add two tbsp of vegetable oil and the herbs to fry.
- Put the fried herbs into the beef mixture and add the rinsed kidney beans.
- Add the soaked limes to the pot and stir a few times.
- Add ground chilli pepper, salt and the Persian spice mix. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Add the tomato paste and stir again.
- Finally, pour a bit of water if necessary, cover the pot and let it simmer for another 30 minutes.
425g kidney beans (rinsed)
1 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
2 dried limes
450g stew beed
2 large leek chives
A small bunch of fresh fenugreek leaves or 1 tbsp dried fenugreek
Ground chilli pepper
Persian spice mix (Advieh)
1 tbsp tomato paste
Come visit us and find your favourite Taj products!
Whether you have only recently moved to Canada or have been living here for generations, there is always something in store for you to try and love.